Make Your Own
In The Press
As a participant at Barrio Glassworks, I agree to use the facilities operated by BARRIO GLASSWORKS at 3060 Roosevelt Street, Carlsbad, California, 92008 or participate in activities sponsored by BARRIO GLASSWORKS, upon the following expressed conditions, understandings and agreements:
1. I acknowledge and understand that the activities I am going to voluntarily participate in at BARRIO GLASSWORKS’ facilities carry inherent risks of potential personal injuries and property damage. I acknowledge these risks and expressly assume these risks of injuries and damages, including but not limited to: burns, cuts, scrapes, or other similar personal injuries.
2. In consideration of the agreement of BARRIO GLASSWORKS to sponsor activities and/or provide facilities for my use, I, on behalf of myself and my heirs, assigns, and personal representatives, expressly agree to waive, release, and discharge BARRIO GLASSWORKS and each of its owners, employees, employers, agents, and representatives from any and all claims, causes of action, costs, liabilities, expenses (known or unknown) (defined as “claims”) arising out of my participation in activities at BARRIO GLASSWORKS’ facilities or sponsored by BARRIO GLASSWORKS and any loss, damage, illness, or injury resulting therefrom. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless BARRIO GLASSWORKS and each of its owners, employees, employers, agents, and representatives from and against all such claims.
3. I agree that any claim arising out of my participation in activities at BARRIO GLASSWORKS’ facilities or sponsored by BARRIO GLASSWORKS, and any loss, damage,
illness, or injury resulting therefrom, shall be settled by final and binding arbitration in accordance with the JAMS Commercial Arbitration Rules and Procedures in effect at the time the claim is made, and a judgment upon any award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Such arbitration shall be filed with JAMS and heard by a single arbitrator in San Diego, California.
4. I agree to follow all rules and regulation promulgated by BARRIO GLASSWORKS for the use of the facilities.
Hot Shop Safety
- Safety glasses required
- Closed toes shoes required
- Assume everything is hot, sharp or can cut you.
- Gloves provided (Optional)
- If you burn yourself, immediately dunk your hand in water. It is OK to drop the tool you are holding to do this.
- When holding a pipe, keep it level or pointed downward at all times.
- When moving through the shop with a pipe in your hands, be aware of where you are pointing the pipe and the direction you are moving. Only proceed when the way is clear for you to do so.
- If at any time, you do not want to hold the tool, the pipe, the block, etc. simply let your instructor know. Communicate at all times.
- If at any time, you do not wish to proceed, simply let your instructor know.